Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Simple Paper Serviette Folds

Voghera in the heart

In 2004, when I was Head of Tourism of the City of Voghera, I made a guide entitled "Voghera in the heart." Scrolling
old files on the PC I found a brief statement, used as a press release that effectively summed up the spirit of that project:

Finally there is a new travel guide of our city!
E 'with great pleasure and pride that I give to the announcement.
It is a guide for tourists but also and especially for Vogherese.
I remember vividly when, a few months after my appointment, a city councilman of "minority", meeting in a bar, he said, "Baglio, when you decide to make a guide of Voghera? "I told him that for me it was a project which valued the most and promised to achieve.
Even through the memory of that episode, I can say that the work carried out can be considered a welcome Christmas present for everyone - absolutely everyone - the Vogherese.
E 'was an intense and exciting work, presented with great enthusiasm by a group of people (all duly mentioned in the book) that, as is also the title chosen for the leadership, Voghera feel and carry in my heart. A team that had only one interest: to create a work of value to their city. A team which has been an honor for me to join.
I am convinced that the work is successful and I hope will be a valuable support for a long time to better understand and more closely Voghera.
"Voghera in the heart" is a valuable volume, also accompanied by an extensive series of photographs of rare quality and beauty. However, you can request it at no charge at the offices of the Tourism Department - Promotion and Economic Development in the Territory during Rosselli, the Office of the Public Relations Via Emilia and the Library (December 2004).

I am very proud of that work and I remember with great pleasure the months of preparation, with the very enthusiastic and selfless contribution of all involved, still I would like to thank. A all: Eleanor shoulder. I think the guide is still available free of charge at the offices of the City and the library. I've shot in my hands a few days ago and I think it is a very good job, always timely. I would like the council will still promoted the distribution. I would like the Vogherese appreciation.
But why speak of the guide? Because when I was commissioner, the Voghera in my heart really. Despite the scarce financial resources and time available, I think I proved with the behavior and the projects brought to fruition. Among these, over at the helm of the city, I like to remember in any order other initiatives that have had some success: De.co the (name of local origin), the bicycle tour guide, train for Christmas, the Christmas market by focusing on local arts and crafts. There was more, but does not want to be my un'autocelebrazione. I Voghera in the heart. Now I wonder if this is still my feeling for that city.
I've been wondering in the aftermath of a meeting of the majority who did not like. I wonder after the proposal received another run in the upcoming municipal elections in Voghera. I wonder after finding that there are still many obstacles to the formation of the PDL in Voghera and, more generally, in the province of Pavia.
And because the obstacles are mainly due the usual issues of power and, ultimately, more personal and political interests, I continue even to wonder what and how many are local politicians who really have their heart in the city. Coming back to me and asked if I still have Voghera in the heart, in all honesty I must admit that it is not so. I love Voghera, God forbid, but to say he loves her like a time would be a lie. When I was there I put all councilor, but since I no longer live in Voghera, since I became a councilor in lieu of resigning, since most of the "colleagues" of politics has become almost unbearable for me, I made it increasingly difficult to get interested the affairs of the city. It is a closed loop, a love is finished. I'm sorry it went this way but I am consoled by the certainty that it was a true love. Attila

0 comments:

Post a Comment